Salon and Drinks Lead
The Salon & Drinks Lead is part of our Chapter’s Leadership Team. The Salon events are some of the primary points of contact between Calgary+Acumen and the public. Salons are public events organized around a particular topic within one of Acumen’s focus areas. Often a short presentation will be presented on the subject, whereafter group discussions engage participants and invite them to consider the subject in greater depth. Salon participants are then invited to connect with Calgary+Acumen by joining the mailing list, visiting our website or Facebook page, volunteering, or attending future events. Drinks events are more informal and are are social functions where team and community members get to know each other better outside of work.
- Understand the Acumen Fund’s core investment sectors (Agriculture, Education, Energy, Health, Housing, Water)
- Recruit representative thought leaders residing in or visiting Calgary – engage these and invite them to lead/ attend a Salon event
- Coordinate with Admin Lead to book an event space and set up EventBrite, Meetup.com and Facebook events
- Design discussion questions and facilitation guides
- Schedule drinks/ informal events – contact bars with extra space (e.g. Barley Mill)
Email calgary *at* plusacumen.org with the subject line “Salon & Drinks Lead” and enclose a copy of your resume. Please state in 250 words or less why you are interested in this role and why you would make a great fit.